My Training Space
Skills Based Training
Skills based training takes the theory and discipline of learning to the next level. This is where the young person begins to genuinely build capacity, becomes more independent and finds out where their abilities lie through a real hands-on process.
Real world skills in your chosen areas of interest
• Workplace health & safety
• Workplace expectations
• Positive behaviour
• Work experience
• Life & Social skills
• Vocational preparation
Developing ‘Real World’ skills is one of the most satisfying occupations a person can have.
The trainees are also exposed to Workplace Health and Occupational Safety standards, workplace expectations and behavioural standards that can ensure they are accepted into any environment.
Training can be in areas as diverse as
- Life and social skills – grooming, deportment, dress sense, communication etc
- Household skills – cleaning, washing, ironing, food preparation, vacuuming / mopping, bed making, entertaining etc
- Lawn & Garden skills – mowing, whipper snipping, raking / use of leaf blowers, landscaping
- Mechanical skills – working with a range of small machinery
- Animal husbandry – caring for and raising chooks, sheep, goats and ponies plus beekeeping
- Horticulture – market gardens, orchards and Nursery skills
- Hospitality – full range of catering and kitchen skills inc all equipment & café experience
- Retail – all aspects of sales, cash register use, gift wrapping, stocktake, display & decorating
- Woodworking skills inc all equipment
- Pottery and ceramic skills inc